Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Going Filipino

It's been a while since I posted something. This time I will be sharing with you some of my works inspired by the symbols and scenes that identify myself as being Filipino. I painted these works on my Moleskine portable watercolour booklet. It's quite handy not to mention pricey for its size (~3.5"x5.5").





Moleskine has been regarded as the notebook of writers. Yeah, "writers", not painters. Hence I was a bit disappointed on how the paper handled the water. I think it can work with normal milk consistency paint but failed on wet on wet washes. I don't recommend this for beginners as it is pricey and is only useful if you are going to the field or needing something to capture that sudden burst of inspiration. As for my case, I use it as a study prior to working on something big. It is also a good tool to keep any sketches which you may find useful in the future. Here are some works I did.



This scene reminds me of our place here when this was a common site. 




I love sashimi (basically Japanese Cuisine). 
It's humbling to know that we have a good supply of 
quality tuna here in the Philippines.




The "monkey-eating-eagle" really is majestic. 
I love how his blue eyes seems to tell us something.





The pieces are tiny but these are all just for exploration and most important, for FUN. I have other paintings in this booklet but since this segment is about "Going Filipino", that'll be another story.

Salamat at Mabuhay!

:)


1 comment: