Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Anatomical Sketches


I just wanna share with you some of my anatomical sketches. These are some drawings I did while studying human anatomy. Yes, I studied it like a medical student. There are lots of advantages in studying anatomy. Aside from the fact that you get to know more about the different names of the internal workings of your body, you get to deepen your appreciation on the intricacies of its design. The figures I've drawn are from books. I don't have live models. Haha. I also noticed that in the books, there is a bias towards the male body. It may have been influenced by the works of the classical masters where they idealized the body of the male figure. 




I used mainly graphite on ordinary sketch pads here. In some drawings, I used sanguine pencil (red ones) to give it that "classic" look. I recommend at least using 3 different grades or hardness of the graphite. I also would like to note that when using graphite, make sure you don't have sweaty/oily hands. Also, a kneaded eraser is the perfect tool when erasing graphite for me.






When doing studies, I often create comparisons most importantly ratios and proportions. 













No comments:

Post a Comment