Friday, February 6, 2015

Hoist the colors!


Hi! Welcome to my blog!

This is my first blog dedicated to my paintings (esp. watercolour). I will be posting soon my thoughts and creations with the hope of reaching out to other artists or bringing out one in you.

Now why watercolour? 

Watercolour has always been my favourite medium. I began drawing at the age of 4 and started watercolour at the age of 6. Watercolour is very accessible that time especially to toddlers at my age back then since it is safe and non toxic (compared to oil). But I never really began to get serious with it not until I reached college. I have also tried other mediums like oil, pastel, charcoal, graphite and acrylic. But none of them stood out in faithfully delivering my vision like watercolour. In painting watercolour, I'd like to just let it flow. There are tons of happy accidents when I paint. You really need to have a lot of patience and discipline when painting watercolour. For me, it's more than an art, it is a way of life. You have to know the water and how to control it but still making room for "mistakes". Making mistakes in watercolour is very "unforgiving" since you cannot erase it unlike oil or the others. Hence, people consider watercolour as the most difficult medium. I cannot blame them. Even now, I still struggle in taming the stains. Nevertheless, its ethereal gleam still shows through my tainted visions. So cheers and hoist the colours!



No comments:

Post a Comment