Sunday, February 8, 2015

Amorsolo


"Woman with blue parasol (after Amorsolo)"
2005
Oil Pastel


I must confess, I am an Amorsolo fan (Fernando Amorsolo is a Philippine National Artist). I really love his works (if only I can afford). This painting was a study after his "Woman with blue parasol". This is framed and hanged in our home as you can see a bit of reflection in the glass. I forgot where I have seen the original however this is my version in oil pastel. This is one of the few oil pastel paintings that I have. That time I was not familiar with oil paints. I did this version by dissolving oil pastel in paint thinner and applying it with a brush. This technique worked! With the completion of this painting, I was convinced that I know how to use oil pastel.



No comments:

Post a Comment