Friday, August 12, 2016

Faces

Painting portraits has always fascinated me. Even when I was young, I really liked drawing faces rather than landscapes. I would draw people, cartoon characters and even pets. I really enjoyed doing it. I have come a long way from doing stick figures though. :)

To me, portrait painting is more than just a "pretty" face. What I aim to achieve when I draw is to bring out the soul, the character of the person I am drawing. I prefer to draw in watercolour since it is my favourite medium. I also did some works in pastel, oil and graphite.

I'd say, portrait painting is very challenging. Every line and stroke could alter or destroy the essence or identity of the person you are painting. It takes great patience and passion to really come up with a good piece.

Here are some of my works in different mediums. Hope you enjoy! :D




"The Girl with the Pomegranate"
Watercolour
(Portrait of Agnes)




Portrait of Eve
Oil 




"Ang Yaya"
Watercolour
(Portrait of Ching)



Portrait of Rafy
Watercolour




Portrait of Harold
Pencil




Portrait of Malin
Watercolour




Portrait of Neil
Watercolour




Portrait of Govian
Watercolour




"Emong"
Watercolour
(Portrait of Raymond and Daughter)



No comments:

Post a Comment