Sunday, November 8, 2015

Just like that

Right now, I am currently in a state of hiatus. It's been a while since I held the brush. I had lots of visions that await my strokes. Yet somehow, despite the silence, I felt like I needed to post something. This time not with a painting, but with words. This poem somehow came to me while sipping my tea. This is about one's encounter with reality and the realization that came with it. Having been in a state of quarterlife crisis, this somehow reflects what it felt, at least for me. Here it goes:


Just like that

No more goodbyes,
You took yourself to the door
Wearing the promise
You convinced yourself
With eyes closed
falling like rain

Drifting into sea
Lost in stillness
Holding on to hope
If only you stayed
Confused and numbed
Braved every soul

In that quiet night
Bliss came forth
Alone again in silence
Befriended the ghost
stars shone the path
and your heart is home




No comments:

Post a Comment