Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Spring

I somehow illusioned my self when I was young (read: slim and innocent) that we do have spring here in the Philippines. Yes, we have the water type, but what I mean is the season. I came to this conclusion when I observed that during Mar-May, certain types of flowers are in full bloom. I would also call the season "Fall" when I see certain types of trees shedding their leaves. Haha. This time of the year, be it called Spring or Summer, we certainly do need a break! Yes, and break we did. We went to Hale Manna in Moalboal here in Cebu. It was a quiet, private and cozy resort. I took these shots when I was in Basdako during sunset. I also took a shot of an orchid in our garden. Oftentimes we seem to forget, let alone recognise, the beauty that God has made for us. From painting the sky with such melancholy, to making the flowers bloom, all for us to be reminded of His love. He really puts up an effort just to make us realize this. Hopefully this coming lenten season, let's give ourselves a break, a break from our daily habits, a break from our old selves, and seek Him.

God Bless!


"Basdako"
2015
Watercolor




"Orchid"
2015
Watercolor







No comments:

Post a Comment